What is Cystic Fibrosis
If we are going to eradicate Cystic Fibrosis (CF) we need to know what CF is, and direct our efforts towards ridding the world of it. CF is caused by a defect in the CFTR gene, which makes a protein that controls the movement of salt and water in and out of the body’s cells. A defect in this gene causes fluid in the lungs to thicken and clogs up bronchioles and other airways making it very difficult to breathe.
The defective CF gene can also cause the pancreas to malfunction resulting in a sticky mucus that prevents proper digestion and absorption of fats and proteins. This can lead to poor growth in children and digestive issues throughout a person’s life. To learn more about CF, check out the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Our goal here at EchoVerse Comics is to utilize donations to produce a CF awareness comic book. Afterwards, we will sell the comic and donate 100% of the proceeds to both CF families and CF foundations that work to find a cure.
- Booster Campaigns: EchoVerse Comics will raise funds by selling items such as EchoVerse shirts, hats and posters.
- GoFundMe: A charity GoFundMe campaign to help a local CF lung transplant recipient.
- Strawfie Challenge: Plug your nose and breath through a straw to feel what it’s like living with CF. Try the challenge while taking a walk, going upstairs, or even as you workout.
- Great Strides: This fundraiser is hosted by the CF Foundation and takes place at different times throughout the nation.
EchoVerse Comics takes part by forming a team and raising donations for the CFF.
- Crowdfunding: A large-scale funding program where EchoVerse Comics will obtain funding for the origin issues of Ballistic Boyz and BrazFraz.
- Corporate Donations: EchoVerse Comics will approach businesses to obtain donations to produce individual comics to several story arcs of a comic to the entire years’ worth of comics.
Together, we will eradicate Cystic Fibrosis and make CF stand for Cure Found!